This article is rated A, meaning it is appropriate for all ages.
|Double Battle Blow-Out|
|Airdate||August 23, 2014|
|Previous Episode||Battle of the Business Owners|
Double Battle Blow-Out is the second episode of the spin-off, Bracket Battles, and the second episode of season one. In this episode, Squidward goes head-to-head with a secret opponent that shocks the fans in attendance. Also, SpongeBob faces off against the sunscreen-coated Larry Lobster. How will these matches affect the future of the "Bracket Battles" Championship live from the Municipal Bottom Arena?
- Commentator 1
- Commentator 2
- Ring announcer
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Larry the Lobster
- [episode begins at the Municipal Bottom Arena; boats are filling up the parking lots and loads of fish are entering the arena; bright lights are shining from the roof and in the front; the camera cuts to a ring, where two commentators are sitting behind a wooden desk; the arena's seats are filled]
- Commentator 1: We are live from the Municipal Bottom Arena, and we are packed with over nine thousand in attendance! Here tonight, we have for all of you and the readers at home not just one, but two matches here to tonight to fill two spots on the bracket.
- Commentator 2: That's right, because tonight, Squidward "Not-So Virtuoso" Tentacles is going head-to-head with a surprise opponent. Plus, SpongeBob "The Yellow" SquarePants takes on Larry "The Sunscreen" Lobster in the main event! Let's go to the action!
- [camera cuts to the ring announcer, where a microphone hanging from a rope is in his midst]
- Ring announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, it is our first match of the night! In this corner, [points to Squidward], we have the Clarinetist from Conch Street, the one who makes our ears pop - and not the good way, the Not-So Virtuoso...weighing in at "tipping the major scales": Squidward Q. Tentacles!
- Squidward: I'm doing this one for Claire!
- [the lights turn off, and two spotlights begin to rotate around the opposite corner]
- Ring announcer: And in the opposite corner is Squidward Tentacles's mystery opponent, weighing in at "barely detectable"... [smoke blasts from the corner, and reveals Plankton, sitting atop a robot] Sheldon Plankton!
- Plankton: [looks at camera] That's right, Krabs! I'm coming for you!
- Squidward: Not if I can help it!
- [bell rings]
- Plankton: [presses button] Waistlock! [a robotic arm wraps around Squidward] Takedown! [Squidward is slammed to the mat] Pin!
- Referee: One, two...
- Squidward: Not this time, shrimp! [wraps legs around the robotic arm; rips robotic arm off] Let's see how you fair! [grabs arm and knocks Plankton into the ropes; Plankton rebounds, while Squidward places the arm in front of Plankton, who crashes into it]
- Plankton: Ugh... [shakes head; whispers] He's a worthy adversary. How can I defeat him?
- Squidward: [whispers] He obviously knows he can't defeat me. I'm too much of a worthy adversary.
- Plankton: [whispers] I've got to play dirty. [aloud] Hey ref, look that way!
- Referee: What? Where? [turns around]
- Plankton: [runs out of the ring, and grabs Squidward's clarinet] Oh, Squidward, instruments shouldn't be left unattended. [places clarinet to mouth and blows; the sound causes everyone to cover their ears]
- Squidward: The pain! I really should practice more.
- Plankton: You should also pay attention. [grabs Squidward into a bearhug; he jumps into the air, spins around, and lands on Squidward; grabs legs]
- Referee: One, two, three.
- Commentator 1: And Plankton picks up the victory.
- Commentator 2: What a match!
- Ring announcer: [holds up Plankton's arm] The winner of this match is Sheldon J. Plankton!
- Plankton: [grabs microphone from announcer] Krabs, I only have a few words for you: I'm coming for you next week! I'm going to be "Bracket Battles" Champion! [Plankton walks out of the ring]
- [camera cuts to the commentator's table]
- Commentator 1: There goes our first match of the night, ladies and gentlemen. Next, we have the yellow versus the red, as SpongeBob goes against Larry the Lobster.
- Commentator 2: In fact, that match is right now!
- [camera cuts to ring announcer]
- Ring announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, it's our main event of the night! In this corner, the Frizzy Fry Cook, the Dynamo of the Dinery, the Yellow Guy...weighing in at 14 spatulas: SpongeBob SquarePants!
- SpongeBob: Be fair, and be square!
- Ring announcer: And in the opposite corner, the Crimson Chillaxer, the Man of the Beach, that guy covered in sunscreen...weighing in at two antennae: Larry the Lobster!
- Larry: When I win, I'm gonna give all the prize money to "Beach-Goers Without a Cause"!
- [bell rings]
- Larry: You ready, sponge?
- SpongeBob: Pretty sure. [looks down] Whoops. Untied shoe.
- [Larry charges toward SpongeBob, only for SpongeBob to bend down; Larry rebounds off the ropes]
- SpongeBob: Ugh. My hands are tied. [hands are revealed to be interwound in shoe strings; he struggles to free them, yet he falls back; his shoe comes off and hits a rebounding Larry]
- Larry: Oof! [shakes head] That's it, sponge! Enough funny business.
- SpongeBob: [still attempting free hands] These are really stuck in there. [aglet falls off] Whoa, Larry, look out for that aglet.
- Larry: [charges] Look out for... [slips on aglet] whaaaaaa? [falls to the mat; stands up wobbly] That's...it. It's time...for the...end.
- SpongeBob: '[frees hands] There we go. [stands up] Okay, I'm ready. [walks toward Larry; slips on aglet] Whoa!
- Larry: Huh? [SpongeBob's boot is seen heading toward Larry] This is gonna hurt.
- [screen flashes; SpongeBob lands on Larry's chest]
- Referee: One, two, three.
- Ring announcer: [holds up SpongeBob's arm] The winner of this match: SpongeBob SquarePants!
- SpongeBob: Looks like the Krusty Krab has a triple threat on his hands: bracket battler, frycook, and millionaire!
- Ring announcer: The cash prize is only five grand.
- SpongeBob: Then I'm a thousandaire!
- Ring announcer: That's not a thing.
- SpongeBob: Oh.
- Commentator 1: What a night we had here at the Municipal Bottom Arena tonight, ladies and gentlemen! Tune in next week where are live from the "School O' Fish" Stadium, where SpongeBob will face off against the winner of next week's match in the same night. Not to mention Plankton versus Mr. Krabs in a rematch, and much more! See you there!
- Commentator 2: Good night, everybody.
- [episode ends]
|Round 1||Round 2||Round 3|
|LOST||Larry the Lobster|
|v • e • h|
Battle of the Business Owners • Double Battle Blow-Out